I experienced how hard building a great team and a great product Customers love and want. I witnessed how hard building a category that can really change the world. Without a doubt, this fosters my product & engineering thinking in my daily contributions.
During my recent years, learning how to scale a SaaS Platform, building a great startup, finding awesome people to work and working with big retails in the UK and US were added as indispensable assets to my experience & knowledge. Moreover, I had a chance working at scale and building software for more than 100M monthly active users in meta search, marketplace and travel domains reaching more than 32 markets.
Latest From Blog…
- Platform Gold Rush!I have seen unhappiness of engineers in these setups. They join to learn a new cool technology advertised and groomed during hiring. Instead, they end up working and learning towards someone’s abstraction of that tech in the form of Platform Teams… Platform thinking, autonomous teams, and organic growth may be better thanContinue reading “Platform Gold Rush!”
- Longer functions, higher productivity, less defects…software developers should be wary of breaking their code into too small pieces, and actively avoid introducing very short (1-3 lines) functions when given the choice. At the very least unnecessary single-line functions (ie. excluding getters, setters etc.) should be all but banned. Source: Very short functions are a code smell – anContinue reading “Longer functions, higher productivity, less defects…”
- I loved playing The Need for SpeedIf you’re in a group of people being chased by a bear, you only need to be faster than the slowest person in the group. But that’s not how websites work: being faster than at least one other website, or even faster than the ‘average’ website, is not a great achievement when theContinue reading “I loved playing The Need for Speed”
- How big is a two-pizza team?I have been part of organisations famously followed Spotify Model that even Spotify themselves not following it. Maybe this has been an easier way to frame the good old practices for a new shinier HR policy. Maybe this has been a way to keep people entertained when they suffered from communication overhead too much.Continue reading “How big is a two-pizza team?”
- Always Fail Forward and Pull over PushClearly during COVID-19, Slack became more mainstream. I was wondering how they cope with that scale and found this article. They shared how they deploy. These are the interesting points from the article. Deploys require a careful balance of speed and reliability. As understand from their article, although they are available globally, they stillContinue reading “Always Fail Forward and Pull over Push”